Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Personal Assessment

I don't believe more than a month has passed since my last post! Between work and my home life, this summer has been crazy/busy. Summer is the busiest time of year where I work (the Children's Room in my local library) but our summer reading programs are nearly over (the last one is tomorrow) and things have quieted down somewhat. My work focus is shifting from crafts to statistical reports, from implementing summer programs to planning fall programs, from physical busyness to mental busyness. On the home front, there have been chores, doctors appointments, and major efforts splitting and stacking firewood. (Thanks for your help with this, C!)

I'm tired. Since my husband went back to work earlier this month (he works out of state) I've been having a hard time getting things done. Between initially pushing myself to work hard on these lists and the busyness at work, I thought that I had run out of steam. Add in the fact that I haven't been sleeping well. (I go to bed late and wake up early - without setting the alarm.) I'm exhausted. But is it simply sleep deprivation? I'm not so sure any more. I think I'm stressed and depressed, although I don't feel stressed. I feel distracted, unfocused and overwhelmed. I don't have the motivation to do much of anything. I think I'm clenching/grinding my teeth in my sleep because there are days when most of my teeth hurt. (I've just been to the dentist and everything is fine.) I don't feel particularly stressed or worried but my husband is having some health issues and perhaps this is worrying me more than I think.

I haven't given up on putting my life in order, nor have I given up on this blog. I just kind of hit a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment