Monday, June 17, 2013

My First Accounting


OK. So it's been a week since I posted my first list of goals. Let's see how I did.

Set up the blog & go "live" - obviously a done deal!
Take the car for an oil change - done
Schedule a tune-up for the car
Schedule my physical, my yearly GYN exam, mammo, & blood work
Schedule husband's doctor appt
Remove weeds and dead growth from veggie garden - the garden is an enclosed 14' x 14' space and was nearly full of knee-high weeds & morning glory seedlings. With the help of my daughter, we cleaned it out. I also transplanted most of the morning glories.
Plant veggies - done!
Cut down the daffodils and weed flower bed - an area of 3' x 30', this was a lot of work, but it's done!
Plant flowers in flower bed, winddow boxes & hanging baskets - 4 hanging baskets are done
Fill tubs with soil and plant sweet potatoes - done! A total of 9 plants are in 2 drums.
Find a place to plant strawberries & do so
Plant herbs
Dig out compost and move it to the gardens - an on-going saga.
Mulch veggie garden - about 1/3 done; I ran out of grass clippings!
Visit Mom - I went down on Wednesday and helped John install her air conditioner. We had pizza for lunch, visited her friend in the hospital, and went out for ice cream. We had a great time!
Clean out fridge - I tossed some things but now it's time to toss some more.
Pay bills - not only did I pay the regular monthly bills, but I resolved some old, outstanding medical bills.
Wash pet towels, pet bed & rugs - I did this one twice. Its been a rainy week!
Start to tidy table - minimal progress.

In addition I:
Stacked firewood.
Bought & used cages for the tomato plants.
Helped my daughter take down, cut up & remove a small tree.

It's been a busy, tiring  week and I worked hard! Many thanks to my daughter for her help. She, too, worked hard on her own projects.

3 comments:

  1. You did pretty good, you got almost everything accomplished! Stopping by from Swap-bot follow me #12.

    Magena
    www.childrenatplay2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. I'm thinking of doing something like this but I'm not brave enough to post it online. I have a little notebook where I write my to do list.

    Katrina Alana
    Blog Comment Hop #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm not sure how brave I am but I know that if I didn't do this publicly then it might never happen. Humiliation is a BIG motivator!

    ReplyDelete