Monday, November 25, 2013

Catching up on October's List in November


Thanks to JT for her comment prompting me for an update! It's hard to believe so much time has passed since I made my last list. Where does the time go? Suffice it to say that I've been busy, even though I haven't been blogging about it. I'll try to do better.

In late August I wrote how tired and unmotivated I've been. Combine that with the nearly daily headaches I was having and I decided to see a psychiatrist. I used to take medication that worked as an anti-depressant and as a headache preventative but I discontinued it in February, thinking I didn't need it any longer. I think that was a mistake. I'm now on a different anti-depressant. It's been nearly two months and I'm starting to see some results. I've had far fewer headaches and I'm able to get things done. Things are looking up!

Let's see how I've done on that last "to-do" list: 

Call: vet: make an appt. for Brin Made & went to the appt. He's doing fine.
         dentist: am I grinding my teeth? Inconclusive: there's no physical evidence and I can't afford   
         $400 for a mouth guard, so I've opted to do nothing. Also, I feel the tenseness & 
         pressure when I'm awake and not grinding, so what does that say?
         State Farm: workman's comp? Done
         NYSHIP: contest coverage re: C's emergency visit Called, wrote a letter and awaiting a   
         decision.
         doctor's office: change: husband's appt., Done
                                              C's appt. Done
                                  contest over-billing on husband's last visit
         Dr. Khan: cancel appt. Done
Reconcile insurance claims with bills On-going.
Pay: taxes Done
        medical bills On-going as they arrive
        regular bills Done
Follow up on old bills: Call/ pay? Some are resolved, others I'm waiting on answers.
Write: Retirement system re: credit for back hours Letter written, awaiting an accounting.
           letters to: SF, HT Sadly, they're still waiting.
           postcards to: JT, Mom, GU Done
           email work re: sausage Done
Log/rate Swap-Bot swaps Up-to-date!
Look for & mail out: "Wreck this Journal" swap Mailed out & she's happy with it! Woo hoo!
                                   Heart box swap In the process of putting it together.
Resume (or try) daily journaling habit What a sad disappointment
Deposit insurance check Done
Take car in for alignment Done
Make a shopping list & go shopping I'm guessing I did this, but of course, I need to do it again.
Buy dog food Boy! Does it go fast!
Clean up trash by the road Started, husband finished.
Copy & mail letter re: canceling insurance policy Done. Already received & deposited the check.
Go to DMV: renew trailer registration Done
Pick tomatoes Done
Cook corn Didn't get to this one.
Begin to winterize vegetable garden About 1/3 of the way done.
Geocaching meet & greet? And a fun time was had by all!
Take trash & recyclables to the dump I've gone several times by now.
Plan a mini get-away with C I had a head cold and too much to do at home, so we opted to stay home, do chores, and make our own fun.
Trim my bangs (Believe it or not, if I don't put it down I'll continue to forget it/ put it off and they are beginning to annoy me.) Argh! I can't find my sharp scissors!

I also:
Wrote letters to Salada & Jimmy Dean
Wrote letters to Mom & my brother
Renewed prescriptions 
Went to the doctor a few times
Filed some old postcards & letters
Cleaned up some piles of paperwork
Donated a bag of books to the library book sale room
Lots of tidy up & cleaning out, with lots more to go 
Did some preliminary shopping around for a new computer or laptop. I'm undecided on what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment